1) In a nutshell
2) How we collect personal information
We only collect personal information for the purpose of conducting our business as an online retailer and trader. The personal information we collect from you includes information you give us when you:
- register or subscribe to our Website or newsletters;
- make an order with us; and
- contact us.
Personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your contact details;
- your payment details; and
- other information we collect in the course of processing your order, or that you provide when you contact us.
We also collect computer information about site visitors using cookies and code embedded in this website. Cookies are used to collect non-personally identifiable information, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the time and date you accessed our website, referring/exit webpages, and other traffic-related information.
We may aggregate your information with similar data collected from other visitors to help us improve our website and the products, services, applications, content and features that we provide through our website. We do not use non-personally identifiable information in any way to create or maintain a personal profile of you or collect personally identifiable information from you.
3) What do you do with information about me?
We collect this information to provide you particular goods and services, including:
- processing your order;
- sending you statements and other information (as and when required);
- verifying your identity;
- managing your account;
- responding to questions and comments;
- developing a better understanding of your needs.
4) Will you send me advertising materials?
From time to time, we may like to let you know about other products and services offered by Good Fuel Co which you might be interested in. Of course, these will be limited and you will at all times, have the option to opt out of receiving these advertising materials.
5) Using and disclosing your personal information
We will generally disclose to personal information to third parties who help us in providing goods and services to you. These include:
- couriers such as Australia Post (who deliver goods to you on our behalf);
- organizations who carry out credit, fraud and other security checks;
- organizations who carry out credit, fraud and other security checks; and
- any other outsourced service providers.
In limited situations, we may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- where we have your express permission to do so;
- where it can reasonably be inferred from the circumstances that you consent to the disclosure to the third parties;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Good Fuel Co, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We try to limit the information we provide to third parties to the information they need to help us provide goods and services to you. We also enter into contracts with these third parties that require them to meet the privacy standards we set for ourselves in handling your personal information, and use your personal information only for the purposes we gave it to them.
6) How safe is my personal information?
We make every effort to keep any information we hold about you secure. We store your information on secure servers that are protected from unauthorised access. When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in secure manner or deleted.
7) Accessing my personal information and complaints
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), you have certain rights to access the personal information we collect and hold about you. At any time, you can find out what information we hold about you by emailing us at email@example.com.
Generally, subject to the exceptions of APP 12.3, we will allow an individual access to the personal information we hold about them within a reasonable time after it is requested. When requesting such access please identify the precise type/s of information requested.
If you want us to delete information, we’ll do our best, but may need to keep information for legal or service reasons. If this is the case, we’ll let you know.